At The Little Green Sheep, we don't just see being 'green' as offering chemical free products (although it's a good start!). We want to leave this world exactly how we found it ...just perfect! And we believe there's much more we can do, which is why we have a vision to make The Little Green Sheep one of the most sustainable and eco-friendly companies in the UK. But of course, all great plans start off small and it's a long road ahead, so here is a list of all the things we currently do to try and make sure that The Little Green Sheep not only benefits you but the environment too!
- All materials are grown organically where possible, minimising the use of artificial fertilisers and pesticides to ensure no chemicals are used on the farms where our materials are grown.
- All materials are sourced sustainably, making sure we never take anything that won't be replaced or re-grown.
- All the packaging we use is either recyclable or re-useable – we sometimes even use freshly made popcorn as an alternative to polystyrene pieces, to protect items during shipment.
- We use cotton bags for our gift packaging, so they can be re-used as shopping bags, laundry bags, PE kit bags or baby changing bags – instead of being thrown away!
- We have an employee car sharing scheme, encouraging lift sharing and alternative transportation.
- We have on-site paper and cardboard recycling, always minimising waste to landfill.
- We re-use packaging (e.g. we collect and reuse all packaging for the Ryeland cot bed after delivery)
- We only partner with companies that share our ethical ethos and want to help protect the environment.
- Where possible we email all correspondence including all invoicing and office paperwork.
- We use the latest and most efficient computer equipment to reduce energy use.
We know none of this is rocket science, but we believe if everyone does something little to help protect the environment, even in the smallest of ways, we'll leave behind a planet in much better shape that our children can admire, use and look after as we once did.